Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Blog by John McHoul and HeartlineMinistries.org
I think what you are doing is great. So sad about the cholera outbreak, it is heartbreaking. My name is Malika Harricharan and my company, Everywhere, is working to spread the word about a program called Heart of Haiti, which helps Haitians by selling their jewelry and other goods (made from recycled materials). And, I thought your readers might want to know about this.
Instead of providing one-time funding through charity, Heart of Haiti is creating opportunities for Haitian artisans to earn income with dignity by creating jobs and sustainable income for the people of Haiti. These artists make home décor pieces and jewelry that are beautiful, hand-made, crafted from recycled materials, and benefit a really good cause. In other words, Heart of Haiti is based on “Trade, Not Aid.”
Especially with Christmas coming up, I thought these home decor items might be something your readers would like to know about.
Quick Facts about Heart of Haiti
* The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country
* Each item is designed by a master Haitian artist and made by hand in Haiti
* Heart of Haiti products are available here -http://bit.ly/HeartofHaiti
* The collection includes 40 different home decor items and accessories
* Products include vases, candleholders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more
* Most items fall in the $25-$60 range
* To stay up-to-date with news and announcements, follow Heart of Haiti on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HeartofHaiti or become a fan on Facebook at http://facebook.com/HeartofHaiti
Thanks and please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions.
Hi John. Just read your testimony on your blog. David Wilkerson was such a man of God. Blessings on you. Just back from 11 days in Florida, Saw the Burches, Ricot & Mandy, Josue & Erika and their 2-day old son. Spent 1 night with Barb & Agape Lataillada. Didn’t see Patrick because he was in Haiti. God bless you and the wonderful ministry He has given you in Haiti!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.